About The Run
The Bungwak Run is organised by a group of Malay College Old Boys to create a long-term event that would benefit MCKK and its Alumni.
Bungwak Run is a Relay Run with 3 members in a team taking turns to complete 6 laps of the race course. Each runner will run 2 laps of the 1.6km (1 mile) route, making the overall distance 9.6km. Bungwak Run aims to create a fun morning that encourages a healthy lifestyle, camaraderie and teamwork, taking place early Sunday before the traditional Old Boys Weekend (OBW) rugby match every year.
The inaugural Bungwak Run was held in 2016 and the previous editions received overwhelming response from the participants and those who came back for OBW.
To ensure a smooth & enjoyable event, you are required to read through and adhere to the following:
- This is a team relay. Each runner in the team must take turns running one (1) lap of the Run Course, until the team completes six (6) laps. Each lap starts and ends at the “Start/Finish” line.
- The current runner for the team will be carrying a Baton. This Baton must be passed on to the next runner within the transition zone.
- A team is deemed to have completed their Run when six laps have been completed in the correct order of runner.
- The first three teams from each category to complete the Run will be awarded the first, second and third place trophy.
- Participants must run on the designated path for the entire route.
- Finisher medals will be awarded to each team after the completion of the run and upon returning the baton / timing chip.
- Registered participants/teams who do not turn up on event day will be disqualified and are not entitled to finisher medals.
- Batons will be distributed on event day commencing at 6.00am and all team captain are required to collect their batons by 7.00am or 30 minutes before the flag-off time. Latecomers will be disqualified from the run without notice.
- Please note that there will be strictly no distribution of batons after 7.00am.
- The event will be flagged off at 7.30am sharp. Participants who run without batons will be disqualified.
- Ample parking is available alongside Jalan Tun Razak facing the Big School field, FREE of charge. Strictly no parking allowed inside the school compound.
- You are advised to arrive early at the venue.
- You are also encouraged to car pool with your team members.
- Please do not park your car indiscriminately.
BREAKFAST & GROUP PHOTOS
- Cendols, Buns, and refreshments will be served after the run.
- In order to keep the area clean, littering is strictly prohibited. Please dispose all rubbish into the garbage bags provided to facilitate the cleaning up process.
- If you wish to have your group photograph taken, kindly ask our photographer on duty for assistance.
- You need to provide the Name, NRIC, Gender, Contact number, email address of your team members, name of team captain and most importantly, your team name and class year of the MCKK representative in your team (present OR/AND old boy).
- Please note that the team name cannot exceed 20 alphabets to ensure it fits nicely into the event bib.
- The Confirmation Slip is the only valid proof of confirmed registration and to be used for the collection of bibs and t-shirts (for TEAM KIT COLLECTION).
- The Event is opened to participants who are 7 years old and above. Age is calculated based on 31 December 2022.
- Participants must wear their bib numbers at the front top side of the running wear. Pin your number bib prominently as high as possible – and attach them to the front of the Runners’ Tee using the safety pins that have been provided. Please ensure that the number bib is visible.
- Tampering with the number bib in any way (e.g. obscuring/removing sponsor’s identification) will result in your disqualification. The organizer shall immediately disqualify any participants if this rule is not strictly observe.
- The running route will NOT be closed to public for the duration of the event.
- Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed to be used by the Participants on the route.
- No substitutions are allowed before or on event day without prior written consent from BWR 2022.
- Participant takes part in Bungwak Run 2022 at his or her own risk and shall be responsible for his or her own safety. Bungwak Run 2022, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors shall not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or during participation in Bungwak Run 2022. The Participant is strongly encouraged to consult his or her medical practitioner in respect of his or her health prior to registration and before the actual event day.
- A Participant must retire from the run immediately if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, event director, referee and/or security officer.
- The running route will NOT be closed to public during the event.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel or postpone the Event at any time without prior notice to the Participants, in which case the Organiser will make effort to inform the Participants prior to the date of the Event. If the Event has to be cancelled or postponed, there shall be no refund of fees or donations paid unless the Organiser deems fit to give a refund.
- Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken by the organizer to ensure the participants’ safety, participants run at their own risk and the organizer will not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or during participation in the event.
- There will be strictly no refund available if the Event is cancelled for reason of force majeure i.e. due to occurrence of incidents that are beyond the control of the Organiser or acts of God which renders it impossible or unsafe to hold the Event.
- Event details and format are subject to change by Organiser & will be updated through this registration portal, our website, our facebook page etc. from time to time accordingly.
Register to Run
Click the button below to register for Bungwak Run 2022